The framework to build genetic data analysis software
This system was used to build a number of genetic data processing applications and it reduced the time and costs of development.
Bioweb support a three-layer software architecture with the data storage layer, data processing layer, and presentation layer.
It uses web application deployment model, the data storage and data processing are deployed on server side,
the presentation layer and a portion of the data processing layer (output reformatting, user input validation) are deployed on the client side.
The suggested modules are shown in the picture.
Welcome to the framework bioweb.
To build a
'Hello World' application please download the latest version,
extract the files from the archive, install additional software as described in
README_EN (text file in main bioweb directory),
scons command in the directory where you placed the bioweb.
To start the client and server locally run
How to cite BioWeb?
Robert M. Nowak, Polyglot programming the applications to analyze genetic data, BioMed Research International, vol. 2014,
The simple application is described in Getting Started section.
The additional examples are given below.
- Author: Józef Marek.
Coding and decoding using Caesar cipher. C++/Django/AngularJS.
- Autor: Rafał Pilarczyk.
Image filtering. C++/Django/AngularJS.
- Author: Krzysztof Lis.
Calculate moon's phase in 2014. C++/Django/AngularJS.
- Author: Tomasz Iwaszko.
Determinant of a square matrix of any dimension. C++/Web2py/JQuery.
- Author: Jakub Tomaszek.
Converter for/to leet speak. C++/Web2py/JQuery.
- Author: Adam Stelmaszczyk.
Converter that converts normal images in ASCII graphics. C++/Web2py/Flex.
- Author: Jakub Barejka. Poker calculator. C++/Web2py/Flex.
- Author: Michał Uziak. Words counter. C++/Web2py/Flex.
- Author: Michał Artur Krawczak. Date for Easter for selected year. C++/Web2py/Flex.
- Author: Paweł Barszcz. Sudoku solver. C++/Web2py/Flex.
- Author: Bartosz Balcerek, Marcin Król. The greatest common divisor gcd.zip
the greatest common multiple lcm.zip. C++/Web2py/Flex.
- Author: Damian Kwiatosz. Maze generator. C++/web2py/JQuery
- Autor: Kacper Michajłow. C/C++ source formatting using astyle.sourceforge.net. C++/web2py/JQuery
Software created with usage of presented framework
- DNASynth, web application to optimize artificial gene synthesis
- CodonHMM, reverse translations of gene-coding DNA sequences using hidden Markov models
- WebOmicsViewer, genome viewer for managing databases of cucumber genome
- PETconn, application to combine contigs by usage of paired-end tags
- DNAMarkers, application to DNA mixture analysis
- GenomeCmp, search for genomic rearrangements
- DnaAssembler, de Bruijn DNA assembler for Next Generation Sequencers
source code (only C++ library))